„WHAT IS THE NATURE OF HUMAN LOVE?“ „WHAT DOES TRUE LOVE LOOK LIKE?“
Are you searching for the truth about love, the meaning of life, relationships, chastity, and marriage?
Are you searching for how to live out your sexuality chastely and more fully?
Do you struggle with seeing your sexuality as a something good? Are you looking for how to live chastity in relationships – whether you are young, older, married or not, divorced, dating, consecrated, or a priest?
Have you been drawn to the Karol Wojtyła (St. John Paul II) masterpiece Love and Responsibility, but you’ve found its text difficult to read on your own?
Do you need to study the teaching of Love and Responsibility in order to help others formatively in your ministry?
The Karol Wojtyła School of Mission in cooperation with the Faculty of Theology of the Catholic University in Ružomberok, Slovakia and graduates from the ITI Catholic University (ITI), Trumau, Austria has prepared for you an online course on Karol Wojtyła’s book Love and Responsibility in English. The seminar method will give you the chance to study the text of Love and Responsibility itself and discuss it in a small group with help from one of our lecturers. We welcome you from all around the world!
There will be one group:
Wednesdays 2:30 PM (CET)
If you are interested in our course but it is not suitable time for you, please let us know by filling form Write to us.
- The course consists of 13 + 1 classes.
- Our classes will take place weekly in a small group enjoying the seminar method.
- The participants will prepare for each week class by reading a chapter from Karol Wojtyła’s book Love and Responsibility and receive exercise sheets to help them focus on the important points in their study.
- Each class has a topic and specific discussion questions. Together we will be seeking answers for to fundamental questions in the human heart as captured by Karol Wojtyła.
GOALS OF THE COURSE:
- By studying the book Love and Responsibility helping people find answers to their deep questions: What is love? What is the meaning and beauty of my sexuality? Is it possible to live chastely nowadays?
- Studying the original text of Love and Responsibility together, helping each other understand difficult passages and finding concrete ways of applying the writings of Karol Wojtyła in our lives.
- Developing presentation skills, the ability to work with a text and to think critically, ability to communicate, present arguments, and discuss, ability to grapple with current questions and find connections between them.
“It’s not good for a man to be alone“. (Gn 2:18) Even with the current meeting restrictions in many countries we still want to build a communio with you, through studying, discussing, sharing and common prayer. Our aim is to help each other understand Karol Wojtyła’s message of hope about God’s plan for human love and sexuality.
Course lecturers are graduates of the Master’s on Marriage and the Family program; and of Catholic Theology at the ITI Catholic University (ITI), Trumau, Austria; and of educational courses of Mission School of Karol Wojtyla.
- Historical Background of the Book
- The Person and the Drive, Analysis of the Verb „to use“
- Interpretation of the Drive
- Metaphysical Analysis of Love
- Psychological Analysis of Love
- Ethical Analysis of Love
- Rehabilitation of Chastity
- Metaphysics of Shame
- Problems of Abstinence
- Sexology and Ethics
- Recapitulation and sharing
WHEN AND WHERE?
The course will take place from Nov 3, 2021 until Feb 23, 2022.
The course comprises 13 + 1 weekly classes (13 classes, 1 recapitulation and sharing class).
The capacity is 10 people per group.
Our classes will take place online, using Zoom.
- €100 per person
- €160 for a married couple/an engaged couple
The price can be paid in instalments. If the price is an obstacle to you taking the course, please contact us.
How to register?
To register, please use our REGISTRATION FORM.
Capacity is limited, so we ask you to write us a few words about your motivation for taking this course.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Karol Wojtyla School of Mission/Misijná škola Karola Wojtylu (MŠKW)
FEEDBACK from our students
I really long to live such a beautiful love and I would like more people to learn about it.
I’m trying to seek each person’s inner value, and apply the rule: “love and do not use”.
In this book I’ve found answers for my questions on how a man and a woman can live chastely in a relationship before and during marriage, which I was still hungering for even after having read the Theology of the Body. Studying Love and Responsibility I finally understood my wrong behaviour patterns in relation to persons of the opposite sex and was inspired to get to know and love the person I like as he really is rather than my ideal of him.
This study deepened and purified my perspective on the origin and development of love between man and woman.
Originally published in Polish in 1960, Love and Responsibility is Karol Wojtyla’s groundbreaking book on human love. In this classic work, Wojtyla explains relationships between persons, especially concerning sexual ethics, in the perspective of the true meaning of love. Grzegorz Ignatik, a native Polish speaker, has translated the 2001 version of the text, which includes revisions made by Pope John Paul II himself of the original 1960 edition, providing helpful notes and defining key terms.