The Karol Wojtyla School of Mission in cooperation with the Faculty of Theology CU has prepared for you a semestral course about Love, Sexuality and The Meaning of Life in the Teaching of The Catholic Church.
- The classes of small size are conducted in the evenings virtually through the ZOOM application. The classes are led in the seminar method. Students meet weekly for the length of 12 weeks.
- The participants prepare on weekly classes by reading shorter texts of particular Church documents in Slovak language. In their preparation they are assisted by helpful handouts of worksheets.
- Each class is devoted to a particular topic with pertaining questions that are content of common discussion in the class. We look for answers to important questions in the teachings of latest Popes.
- The semestral course is open to students, single lay people, engaged couples, spouses, divorced parties, seminarians or consecrated persons. This course is a great opportunity for personal formation or for the formation of others.
- To expound the particular teaching of the Catholic Church in understandable language to people of various professions or states.
- To help develop presentation skills, the ability to work with texts and think critically, the ability to communicate, argue, and discuss, and the ability to know one’s way in current issues and find links between them.
- To form the human, intellectual, social, cultural, and spiritual integrity of a person with the potential to build authentic values of human society and contribute to the development of contemporary culture and society.
- To build community through common discussions and talks, social events, or by common prayer, liturgical celebrations, or adoration.
- Mentors in this course are alumni of the Pontifical Theological Institute of St. John Paul II for the Marriage and Family Sciences, Rome, Italy; of the ITI Catholic University, Trumau, Austria; the Faculty of Theology CU Košice, Slovakia; and of the courses of The Karol Wojtyla School of Mission and of the Academy of Karol Wojtyla.